The Sękowa municipality is situated picturesquely among the mild slopes of the Lower Beskids, always covered with thick forests and luxuriant flora. The woods, the remainder of the vast stretches of the Carpathian Forest, occupy 67% of the municipality’s area. Crystal – clear rivers and streams, meander between rocks and thicket, are full of fish. The whole region is filled with tourist tracks running through the most beautiful and attractive spots, which draw, in many nature, the enthusiasts.
This land is rich in architectural monuments. Among others, in monuments of sacral art, such as the Lemko Orthodox churches, true masterpieces of the construction art. The municipality is especially proud of one of the finest and most valuable monuments of wood work in Poland - St. Philip_s and St. James_ church in Sękowa. Made of larch wood and Gothic in style, the church was built in 1520, and in 1994 was awarded the prestigious medal of Prix Europa Nostra.
The area of the Sękowa municipality is also a great base for fans of winter sports. A professional 1400-metre-long ski track on the slope of the Magura Malastowska attracts a great number of skiing enthusiasts.
Sękowa municipality is one of the most attractive tourist regions in Poland. The environment of this area remains pristine and the extraordinary qualities of the landscape and the many attractions allow the tourists to spend time here in a truly unforgettable way.